Q: When is a clear fill and grade permit required?

A:  See general thresholds below. More information can be found here: PMC 21.14

  • Excavating greater than 5’
  • Filling more than 8” 
  • Deposit/displacement of more than 100CY of material. 
  • Stockpiling more than 500CY of material. 
  • Working on a site with regulated wetlands, streams, lakes, landslide hazard areas, and or wildlife habitats have the same excavation and fill amounts requiring a permit, but rather a permit is required when displacing 30CY of material.

Show All Answers

1. Q: Which Stormwater Manual is applicable to development applications within the City of Puyallup?
2. Q: Is my property located within the City of Puyallup?
3. Q: Does the City have an online map system for public use?
4. Q: How much does development within the City of Puyallup cost?
5. Q: What do I need to submit for my permit application?
6. Q: Where can I find city standards and design standards?
7. Q: Does the city have standardized traffic control plans for obstruction of the public right of way?
8. Q: How do I schedule a project inspection?
9. Q: When are frontage improvements required?
10. Q: Can I place fill dirt on my property?
11. Q: When is a clear fill and grade permit required?
12. Q: When is the “wet season” for stormwater testing?
13. Q: Do I need a permit to repair my water or sewer service on private property?
14. Q: Is there any leniency for DOE required “wet season monitoring”?
15. Q: What development is happening in my neighborhood?
16. Q: Can I place a temporary dumpster or shipping containers in front of my house?
17. Q: Do I need a permit to install cement patios or walkways on private property?
18. Q: Do I need a permit to repair my driveway?
19. If you didn’t find the answers you were looking for in the FAQs