What happens if I’ve missed my court date for an infraction or parking ticket?

If you've missed a court date for a minor traffic/non-traffic, parking or photo offense (mitigation or contested hearing) and payment has not been received:

  • A failure to appear may be reported to Department of Licensing
  • Additional penalties accessed
  • The case is placed into a collection process. 

Receipt of full payment or signing a payment agreement immediately following a non-appearance will adjudicate the pending suspension action by Department of Licensing. If you wish to reschedule a missed hearing you must file a Show Cause motion as only the judge has the authority to authorize a new hearing date.

Show All Answers

1. How do I make payment arrangements?
2. How do I quash my Puyallup Municipal Court warrant?
3. Is Milton Municipal Court also at the Puyallup Court location?
4. I’ve received a summons letter for jury duty. How do I request an excusal?
5. What happens if I’ve missed my court date for an infraction or parking ticket?
6. What if my fine is in collections?
7. What is a red light camera ticket?
8. What is community service and where do I perform it?
9. Where is Puyallup & Milton Municipal Court located?
10. How do I apply for a public defender?
11. What online classes are accepted?
12. I cannot appear at my court date. Can I reset it?
13. How do I get my driver's license reinstated?
14. Does a photo ticket go on my driving record?
15. How can I search for a person for their custody status and location?
16. How do I get help for Domestic Violence?
17. How do I vacate a conviction or delete criminal history?
18. Can we get married at your court?
19. Can I file for divorce at your court?