Puyallup, WA – The City of Puyallup is pleased to announce that it will reopen City Hall starting on Wednesday, July 7, 2021. Residents will soon be able to walk through City Hall and receive one-on-one customer service support from staff.
This marks a key milestone in the fight against COVID-19 within the community. City Hall had been previously closed to the public over one year ago in March 2020, when the pandemic first came to the community. With the steadily increasing vaccination rates, City leaders made the executive decision to reopen and welcome residents back to City Hall. City Manager, Steve Kirkelie, comments on the reopening.
“Our staff have done a tremendous job of adapting to the pandemic and embracing technology, whether it be through Zoom meetings or working remotely from home,” remarks Kirkelie. “But I can say on behalf of all staff that we are excited to reopen and see our customers again. Seeing familiar faces is a clear sign that we are moving out of the pandemic and back to normal.”
Mayor Julie Door is excited to see City Hall reopen to the public. “A lot of what we do, as elected officials, is meet with our constituents,” says Door. “The past year and a half have been a learning experience for us with hosting meetings electronically. But these meetings are much more effective when done face-to-face. Reopening City Hall allows us to be accessible again to our residents.”
Although City Hall will be open again for in-person service, residents are highly encouraged to continue utilizing online services through the City’s website, www.CityofPuyallup.org. There, residents can take advantage of many City services, all without leaving home.
Examples of business that can be done online with the City include:
- Pay your utility bills. Water utilities, court fines and payments can all be conveniently paid online through the City’s Online Payment system.
- Apply for a job. Interested in a career with the City? You can easily browse through our list of open positions online. Visit our career page for more information.
- File a report. If you see a potential code violation, let us know! Our Code Compliance Division can be contacted online here.
- Watch a public meeting. Our City Council Meetings can be watched at home by going to our website page here.
- Apply for a business permit. Starting a new business in Puyallup? Congratulations and welcome to town! Business permit applications are just a few clicks away here.
Additionally, the City is working on implementing a new online building permit application system that will enhance the customer service experience for residents. More information will be shared in the upcoming months.
City Hall is located at 333 S. Meridian in downtown Puyallup, and is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, please go to the City’s website, www.CityofPuyallup.org or call 253-841-4321.