Explore Your Library
The library provides a wide range of resources to the community of Puyallup. Explore everything the library has to offer!
On the first floor of the library, you'll find a lot of great materials and useful aspects of the library. Staff are always available at the main desk on the first floor to assist you. You can also request things such as museum passes, a Check-Out Washington backpack featuring a Discover Pass, or chess pieces to play at the tables in the park from the staff at this desk. Explore our offerings on the first floor with the list below!
- Meeting rooms, Innes study room, and display cases - available to reserve online; learn more about these spaces.
- Children's books
- Board books
- Picture books
- Easy readers (known as JJ 1-2)
- Early chapter books (known as JJ 3-4)
- Fiction books
- Nonfiction books
- Comics, graphic novels, and manga
- Large print books - Fiction and nonfiction for adults. There are some children's large print mixed into the general children's fiction collection.
- Senior Resources - Our senior resource center has information on a variety of subjects that may be useful to older individuals. Also, take advantage of our reading nook.
- Games - this new collection features board games and card games that can be checked out. There are titles specifically targeted at children as well as all other ages.
- Audiobooks - near the large print, you will find teen and adult audiobooks.
- Children's media - find audiobooks, movies, TV series, and CDs for children along the wall behind the children's nonfiction collection.
- Kiwanis Imagination Station - this is our children's play area filled with tons of toys, a stage, seating for kids and parents, board books for the little ones, and a small parenting collection up high on the shelves.
- Dry-erase wall and tables - a great space for kids under 12 to be creative.
- Bathrooms - we have two public restrooms down the hall across from the meeting rooms and a family bathroom near the play area.
- Friends Bookstore - you can support library programs and events by purchasing things from our bookstore. This is open at all times when the building is open. Learn more about the Friends.
- Holds pickup area - this area is available just past the bookstore. When you have an item on hold and ready to pick up, it'll be available under your last name.
- New books - check out the newest books for fiction, nonfiction, and children's books.
- Self-check-out kiosks are available for easy check-out and payments for lost and damaged items.
To get upstairs, take our beautiful staircase or the elevator. As you come up the stairs, you'll find the reference desk where a staff member is stationed and a display table with materials and flyers. If you don't see staff at the desk, they're likely up helping a patron or helping straighten or shelve some materials. Explore what we offer on the second floor from the list below!
- Self-checkout kiosk - great for easy checkouts, but this machine upstairs does not take payments.
- Copy machine/printer/scanner - this machine is where all the computers will print, it does black and white copies, and you can scan to email. Staff are always happy to assist you with it.
- Computers - anyone can log into the library computers across the second floor using their library card and pin. If you ever need assistance, just ask the desk staff. Computer time is limited to an hour.
- Study rooms - The Altrusa and Taylor study rooms are available for reservation online.
- Teen Zone - this space is for ages 12-19 to sit. All others may browse the Young Adult (YA) collection, but the seating here is just for our teens. This area also features a dry-erase table and supplies for teens to use. Learn more about what we offer for teens from our Teen Services page.
- YA Collections
- Graphic Novels/Manga
- New YA fiction and Nonfiction
- Adult Collections
- Science Fiction/Fantasy - the SF collection
- Graphic Novels/Manga
- Paperbacks - available without checkout from the Newspapers and Magazines rotunda
- Feature Films
- TV Series
- History Room - Learn more about this room and the offerings from our Discover Puyallup's History page.
- Atlases and oversized books are available near the second-floor bathrooms.
- Seating - there is seating all over the place on our second floor. Find a table with charging stations on both sides of the building, but mostly in our nonfiction section. There are many great places to sit, read, study, or hang out with friends.
- Bathrooms are also available on this floor.
The library offers something for everyone. Come on down to see us!