WELCOME TO JURY DUTY!Please note: Puyallup Municipal Court holds trials for both
Puyallup & Milton Municipal Courts
SAFETY MEASURES ARE BEING TAKEN TO ENSURE SAFETY FOR JURORS, ATTORNEYS, DEFENDANTS, JUDGE & COURT STAFF.
ury trials are the cornerstone of our system of justice, enshrined in both the Washington State and U.S. Constitution. Thank you for answering the call to serve.
When You Receive a Summons
- Read the Jury Summons fully. It is both a SUMMONS for Jury Service and a Juror Qualification Form.
- You must sign and date the Juror Qualification Form and return it either in person, by mail (see contact info below) or click below to submit electronically (PLEASE click hereif you wish to submit a request to be excused or postponed from jury service).
- Follow the reporting instructions on your summons.
- Bring summons with you on your first day of Jury Service.
The Court receives a random list of potential jurors from the Pierce County Superior Court on an annual basis. Jury lists are generated from registered voters and licensed drivers in Washington State. This list contains names of residents from the population of the area served by the Puyallup Municipal Court by zip codes* or Milton Municipal Court by zip codes.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be a resident of the City or live within Zip Code served by the City*
- Must be able to communicate in the English Language
- If you have been convicted of a felony, your civil right must be restored for eligibility for jury duty.
*As a juror you may be a resident of a neighboring city, yet if your zip code is also shared by the City of Puyallup, you are eligible to serve as a juror for Puyallup Municipal Court.
General Jury Duty Information from Washington Courts (click here)
Message to Jurors
You can help ensure justice with your participation! (video; English)
Usted puede ayudar a garantizar la justicia con su participación! (video; Spanish)
Puyallup Municipal Court
While on active jury duty call the Clerk's Office at 253-841-5450, ext. 1 for juror information on the Tuesday preceding the Wednesday trial day for the month you are summoned to serve by 12 pm. Instructions as to reporting will be on the recorded line.
Milton Municipal Court
While on active jury duty call the Clerk's Office at 253-841-5450, ext. 1 for juror information on the Tuesday preceding the trial date listed on your summons by 12 pm. Instructions as to reporting will be on the recorded line.
The average duration of a Trial in Municipal Court is one full day.
You may dress in casual attire. You may also bring appropriate reading material for use during a recess or break. Parking is ample in the lots which surround the buildings and parking permits are not required.
An employer shall provide an employee with a sufficient leave of absence from employment to serve as a juror when that employee is summoned pursuant to RCW 2.36.165. An employer shall not deprive an employee of employment or threat, coerce, or harass an employee, or deny an employee promotional opportunities because the employee receives a summons, responds to a summons, serves as a juror, or attends court for prospective jury service. An employer who intentionally violates subsection (1) or (2) of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.