GIS Data Information
The City of Puyallup has many GIS spatial data layers available for distribution. All of the data layers are shapefiles and have metadata. The projection used is NAD_1983_HARN_StatePlane_Washington_South_FIPS_4602_Feet and the datum used is D_North_American_1983_HARN.
Public Records Request Instructions
Instructions for obtaining data not provided as noted on this are:
- Complete a Public Record Request Form making it clear that you re requesting GIS Data.
- Mail your request to the City Clerk's Office, 333 S Meridian, Puyallup WA 98374
- Make your request in person at the City Clerk's Office.
Your request will be forwarded to the GIS Coordinator who will contact you to verify the data requested and make arrangements for data delivery. Most data requests can be filled quickly for no cost if email or an FTP site is used for data delivery.
If you need assistance with your request or the process of obtaining city data, please feel free to contact Aimee Pearson, Deputy City Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 253-841-5461 or you can contact Jennifer Recco, GIS Coordinator, by Jennifer@ci.puyallup.wa.us or at 253-841-5571.
By Downloading City GIS Data You Are Agreeing To The Following:
Disclaimer to and Warrant by Users of City of Puyallup GIS Data
1. Limitations: Requester seeks access to the data described in “Attachment A”. The City makes no warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the data’s content, accuracy, currency or completeness, or concerning the results to be obtained from queries or use of the data. ALL DATA IS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”. The City makes no warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, and no representation as to the quality of any data. Users of data are responsible for ensuring the accuracy, currency and other qualities of all products (including maps, reports, displays and analysis) produced from or in connection with the City of Puyallup’s GIS data. The information contained within the GIS file does not reflect current physical conditions in areas of recent development. Site specific information should be obtained at the City of Puyallup Development Center. No employee or agent of the City of Puyallup is authorized to waive or modify this paragraph. If a user informs others that a product is based upon City of Puyallup data, the City specifically requests and directs that the user also disclose the limitations contained in this paragraph and in paragraph 4.
2. Data Interpretation:City of Puyallup data is developed and maintained solely for City business functions, and use or interpretation of data by the Requestor or others is the solely their responsibility. The City does not provide data interpretation services.
3. Spatial Accuracy:Map data can be plotted or represented at various scales other than the original source of the data. The Requestor is responsible for adhering to industry standard mapping practices which specify that data utilized in a map or analysis, separately or in combination with other data, will be produced at the largest scale common to all data sets.
4. No City Liability & Secondary Data Dissemination:Due to the risk that third parties may unknowingly rely on inaccurate information contained in the GIS file, secondary dissemination of the GIS file is not recommended or approved by the City. In addition, by accepting the GIS file, the requester agrees that it shall hold the City harmless from any causes of action, whether brought or maintained by the requester to third parties, who assert damage due to inaccurate information. Finally, the City does not warrant the information as accurate, and disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including the implied warranty of fitness for a particular use or purpose or the implied warranty of merchantability.
5. Requester’s Warranty Against Commercial Use of Lists: RCW 42.17.260(9) prohibits the release of lists of individuals requested for commercial purposes, and Requester expressly represents that no such use of any such list will be made by Requester or its transferee(s) or vendee(s). “Commercial purposes” means contacting or in some way personally affecting the individuals identified on the list with the purpose of facilitating one’s commercial activities
6. Project Data: Requesters are encouraged to supply their project data back to the City for use by the City.
7. Cost of Providing Digital Data: There may be $50.00 per hour cost for processing digital data requests and providing said data. The cost is the actual cost to prepare the requested data files from the City GIS database. If the requested data is provided on a CD, at $3.00 plus tax per CD, the cost of the CD will be charged.