- Development & Permitting Services
- Development Engineering
- Permits and Applications
Permits and Applications
Civil Construction Permit
This document shall accompany all civil plan submittals.
- This permit must be preceded with an application for a preliminary site plan approval and the issuance of a SEPA determination (if applicable) from the Planning Division.
- If the project disturbs one acre or more, the applicant must apply for an NPDES Construction Stormwater General Permit from the Department of Ecology.
- As part of obtaining the permit, the applicant is required to publish two public notices in a newspaper that has general circulation in Pierce County. The applicant must publish a public notice one time each week, for two weeks in a row, with seven days between publishing dates. A 30-day public comment is required after the second publication.
- For additional information, please refer to the Department of Ecology.
This permit is required whenever excavating five (5) feet or more in vertical depth on any portion of a site, fills of eight (8) inches or more of vertical depth on any portion of a site or the removal, deposit or displacement of 100 cubic yards or more of material during any two year period. For more information on Clearing, Filling and Grading see PMC Chapter 21.14
Grease Interceptor Application
A grease interceptor is required to be installed for restaurants, commercial kitchens or other fat, oil and grease generating facilities that produce any waste streams containing fat, oil and grease (FOG).
A house moving permit is required to move a building along or across any public place. All applications shall be made to the City's Permit Center at least three weeks prior to the date of the proposed move, except that where the current and proposed building location is not within the city, then application shall be made no sooner than five (5) days prior to the proposed move.
Puyallup Franchise Application
For location of telecommunications facilities within City right of way.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS APPLICATION CANNOT BE SUBMITTED UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY A FRANCHISE APPLICATION FEE DEPOSIT OF $10,000.
A ROW permit is required for any work to be performed in the City of Puyallup's right-of-way. i.e.: new/repair of driveway approach, sidewalk, curb/gutter, water or sewer connections and also includes traffic control.
A permit is required for projects in the right of way relating to private utilities.
Water or Sewer Service Outside of City Limits
An application is required for new service or material changes in existing service, for example: new connections, extensions or expansions of service; changes to customer classifications; changes to service connections; changes to service pipes and mains; meter changes.
- A permit is required for new connections to the City's sanitary sewer, water or storm system or when replacing or repairing a water service or sanitary sewer laterals on private property.