The City of Puyallup considers amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and Future Land Use Map each year. Applications are typically due in April; however, City Council adjusted the schedule for accepting privately initiated amendment applications for 2022, 2023, and 2024 in preparation for the City's 2024 Periodic Update to the Comprehensive Plan. As a result, applications were due by February 28, 2022 for consideration in the 2022 amendment cycle.
The City received two privately initiated applications for 2022; however, as of May 11, 2022 one application was withdrawn. Please see below for information on the anticipated meeting schedule.
Planning Commission meetings typically occur the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6:30pm. Currently meetings are being held in a hybrid format; the public may participate in person in Council Chambers of City Hall (5th Floor, 333 S Meridian) or virtually via Zoom. Please refer to the top of the meeting agenda for each meeting for information the meeting location as well as zoom login information.
The Planning Commission agenda packets, which include additional information on the application, are posted on the Agendas webpage. To sign up for notifications when the agenda materials are posted, please visit the Notify Me webpage.
City Council Meetings
The Planning Commission held work sessions on the proposed amendment in March and April, 2022. Below please find the anticipated schedule for the remaining public meetings.
Larson Automotive Group Application
- Permit Number: PLCPR20220024
- Location: 8424 River Rd (TPN 0420204282, 0420204069, 0420204263)
- Proposal: The applicant requests a Comprehensive Plan amendment to convert the future land use designation and associated zoning of three parcels totaling 2.9 acres. The request would convert two parcels from Moderate Density Residential (MDR) and a split designated parcel of MDR and Auto Oriented Commercial (AOC) to the AOC land use designation for all three parcels. The request would also concurrently change the associated zoning from a combination of medium density multi-family residential (RM-10) and General Commercial (CG) to the CG zone for all three parcels.
- More Information: application materials are linked on the City's permit portal (see bottom of linked webpage).
Benaroya Capital Company LLC Application
- Permit Number: PLCPR20220026
- Location: 1015, 1019-1021 39TH AVE SE (TPN 0419034036 and 0419034038)*
- Proposal: Request to convert two parcels totaling approximately 70.89 acres from the current future land use designation of Business/Industrial Park (B/IP) and associated zoning of Business Park (MP) to Mixed Use Center (MUC) land use and Urban Center Mixed Use (UCX) zoning. *Please note: while the applicant’s proposal only includes two parcels, there are four adjacent parcels (some with differing ownership) that, if approved, would remain with the existing B/IP land use and MP zoning. Staff will likely analyze potential amendments to the adjacent parcels as an alternative option to this proposal.
- More Information: application materials are linked on the City's permit portal (see bottom of linked webpage). Please note, this application was withdrawn by the applicant on May 11, 2022; therefore, it will not move forward in the process at this time.