Housing Action Plan
Final Housing Action Plan - Adopted September 2021
The Housing Action Plan (HAP) is now available for public view. After months of background research, community outreach, and engagement with elected officials and other stakeholders, the Housing Action Plan was adopted by City Council in September 2021. The final Housing Action Plan is linked below.
Please see below for documents, background, and information on the development of the HAP.
The City of Puyallup has created a Housing Action Plan (HAP) to identify strategies, actions, and policy tools to create enough housing options to meet community needs. Puyallup received a grant from the Washington State Department of Commerce to develop this HAP to address current and future housing needs. The HAP was approved in September 2021.
A Housing Action Plan is a policy document with a set of concrete steps for the City to support and encourage new housing production that meets local housing needs. The HAP uses an equity lens to develop clear, actionable strategies to meet current and future housing needs.
Puyallup’s Housing Action Plan will:
- Be an actionable policy document that outlines how to meet all of Puyallup’s housing needs.
- Be based on data and analysis grounded in an inclusive and robust public process.
- Provide a comprehensive road map to implement cohesive, effective, and feasible housing strategies tailored to the Puyallup community.
- Be tailored to the housing needs of the Puyallup community to ensure safe, healthy, and affordable housing for all.
To learn more about Puyallup’s Housing Action Plan project, community demographics, and information from the recently completed Housing Needs Assessment, watch these narrated presentations.
The Department of Commerce requires the HAP to be adopted in June 2021. The timeline below identifies project milestones. The final Plan will detail next steps for implementation so the HAP’s goals can be fully realized.
|Summer/Fall 2020|| Development of a Housing Needs Assessment to look at Puyallup’s community demographics and housing needs.|
Understanding our current housing policies and regulations.
Identifying strategies and policy options to meet the housing needs identified.
|Public review of a draft Housing Action Plan.|
|September 2021||Housing Action Plan approved by City Council|
- Puyallup HAP Announcement and FAQ September 17, 2020
- Planning Commission Meeting Presentation April 14, 2021
- Goals and Strategies April 14, 2021
- Planning Commission Meeting Presentation April 28, 2021
- Appendix A Engagement Summary
- Appendix B Housing Needs Assessment
- Appendix C Policy Review
- Final Puyallup Housing Action Plan 2021