Knutson Farms Industrial Park Development Proposal
- January 2021 Update
- December 2020 Update
- November 2020 Update
- October 2020 Update
- February 2020 Update
- 2016-2019 Updates
January 28, 2021 Update:
The city of Puyallup has released the EIS scoping report comment summary related to the Knutson Farms EIS project. See the Related Documents side bar for the formal reports. Please visit Knutsonfarmseis.org to sign up for email updates. The project is in the second phase of the project which will involve an in-depth, independent analysis of the project impacts, culminating later in 2021 (Fall) in the issuance of a Draft EIS report for further public review and comment.
For specific questions on the EIS, please contact city project manager Chris Beale (Senior Planner) at CBeale@puyallupwa.gov or (253) 841.5418 for more information.
December 2020 update:
The second notice requesting further comments closed on December 17, 2020. A full report on the comments is expected to be issued by the city’s EIS consulting team in January 2021 – that report and comments received will be posted to this page once available. Please visit the project website to sign up for email updates: https://knutsonfarmseis.org/
November 2020 Update:
The City of Puyallup issued a second notice of a previously issued Determination of Significance and scope of an EIS on November 17, 2020, requesting public and agency review of the proposal and comment on the scope of the EIS. Please see related documents sidebar for the notice.
October 2020 Update:
The city has finalized a contract with the applicant and consultant team and is proceeding forward with an updated public notice process of the city’s anticipated EIS scope and updated Determination of Significance. Please see this webpage for further updates soon.
February 2020 Update:
The city, along with the applicant, has mutually selected a consulting team – lead by HDR Engineering, Inc. to conduct the EIS process.
November/December 2019 Update:
The City has begun formal work on the Knutson Farms Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and is securing a qualified consultant to prepare that document, consistent with state law. Also, an updated Request for Comments on the Scope of the pending EIS, is expected to be issued soon.
Key documents summarizing the proposed project and environmental review issues are linked on the right-hand side of this page.
- Appendix A - Knutson Farms Scoping Comments Received
- Knutson Farms EIS Scoping Report 01/19/21
- Knutson EIS Scoping Presentation
- SEPA Checklist (2016)
- City Second Notice of DS and Scope of EIS 11/17/20
- Preliminary site plan 9/16
- Excerpt, Master Application 9/16
- Pierce County MDNS 4/26/17
- City of Puyallup Comments on MDNS 5/10/17
- City of Puyallup Appeal of MDNS 5/23/17
- City of Puyallup Assumption of Lead Agency 5/10/17
- City of Puyallup Determination of Significance 5/10/17
- Revised Notice of Application June 2016
- Court of Appeals Decision 4/3/19
- City of Puyallup comment letter July 2016
- City of Puyallup comment letter June 2016
- October 2015 City of Puyallup comment letter
- December 2014 City of Puyallup comment letter