Water Saving Tips
There are many simple things you can do in your home and garden to help conserve water!
- Take the 7 minute challenge - Taking shorter showers is a great way to cut down on water consumption.
- Use a water flow restrictor shower attachment - Shower head flow restrictor attachments prevent as much water waste as possible; flow restrictors focus on using pressure as opposed to water.
- Fill it up first - Ensure your dishwasher is full; washing fewer loads will save gallons of water, and money. Most dishwashers have their own rinse cycle, eliminating the need for pre-rinsing.
- Take a load off - Set the wash option to use as little water as possible and if you can, choose an economical setting or "quick wash" option.
- Zap it - Save water by microwaving vegetables in a steamer as opposed to boiling. The vegetables will retain more vitamins and minerals.
- Check for leaks - Check your indoor and outdoor taps for leaks and drips. If you have a problem you cannot fix, call a plumber.
- Under the light of the moon - The sun rapidly evaporates moisture. Water your plants by the light of the moon, the ground will stay moistened longer, which is better for your plants, and better for your water preservation statistics.
- The City of Puyallup recognizes the importance of environmental stewardship, energy efficiency and conservation in every part of the organization.