Reserve officers with the Puyallup Police Department must meet the same strict guidelines used to hire our full time officers. Some of the areas that commonly disqualify candidates for hire with the Puyallup Police Department are:
- Criminal History
- Financial Issues (history of late payments, collections, repossessions, etc)
- Driving History issues (moving violations, DUI, hit and run, etc)
- Job History (terminated from a job, disciplinary issues, sick leave abuse)
- Drug History (recent use, selling or producing narcotics)
- Dishonorably discharged from the United States armed forces.
- Intentional deception, misrepresentation or lies during any stage of the hiring process, including the background investigation.
- Multiple traffic infractions within the last 5 years (e.g., no liability insurance, no drivers license, or speeding).
Any of the above issues in your background will disqualify you as a candidate for the Puyallup Police Department Reserve Unit.