The following are the minimum qualifications for the position of Reserve Police Officer:
• Candidates MUST successfully complete a testing, evaluation, and appointment process which may include, but is not limited to, written examination, oral board interview, medical evaluation, psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, background investigation, and a Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission approved Reserve Officer Academy.
• Candidates must be able to successfully complete the Police Training Program (PTO) and probationary period as prescribed by the Department.
• Candidates must be at least 21 years of age prior to appointment and be a United States citizen.
• Candidates must hold a valid Washington state drivers license and provide proof thereof prior to appointment.
• Candidates must have a valid high school diploma or equivalent.
• Candidates must meet department drug use standards.
• Candidates may not have any previous felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions within the last five years.
• Candidates must be able to type on a laptop computer and be familiar with commonly used programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Candidates must be able to perform the essential job functions of a reserve police officer.