333 S. Meridian, Puyallup, WA 98371 - 253-841-4321

City of Puyallup

PPD Frequently Asked Questions

Where is PPD located?

We are located at 311 W. Pioneer in downtown Puyallup. If you are on 512, take the Pioneer Ave E exit and head west on Pioneer until you reach 311 W. Pioneer. From Meridian/SR161 head north and follow Meridian to the right as it becomes 3rd Street just after the Fairgrounds, turn left onto E. Pioneer and head west until you reach 311 W. Pioneer.

How do I know if I live within the Puyallup City Limits?
Click here to view a map of the Puyallup city limits. As a general rule, if your house number is five digits and/or if your street number is three digits then you are not in the city limits of Puyallup. Most house numbers in the city do not go above 4800 and street numbers do not go above 48th. Addresses located in unincorporated Pierce County are served by Pierce County Sheriff’s Department.

Where is the City of Puyallup Municipal Court?
The Municipal Court is located at 929 E. Main, Puyallup. Contact the Municipal Court at (253) 841-5450 for directions.

Can I report a vehicle collision after the fact if the police department did not respond to the scene?
Yes, you can fill out a Washington State Patrol Collision Report.

How can I get a copy of an accident report?
Contact the police department that investigated the accident. If it was the Puyallup Police Department, fill out a Public Disclosure Request form.

How can I get a copy of a police report?
Contact the police department where the incident was reported. If it was the Puyallup Police Department, fill out a Public Disclosure Request form.

How can I get a copy of a criminal record?
The Washington State Patrol’s WATCH program is available for background checks or criminal records.

How can I find out information on registered sex offenders?
The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department maintains an informative website on sex offender status/sex offender search for Pierce County, including Puyallup.

Where can I find Puyallup crime statistics?
Puyallup Police Department partners with Pierce County to provide you with Pierce County Neighborhood Crime Data for all areas of Pierce County, including Puyallup.

Where can I obtain information on Domestic Violence?
The City of Puyallup has a Domestic Violence Advocate on staff. Click here for more information on domestic violence.

Where can I get fingerprints?
Puyallup Police Department provides fingerprint services on a walk in basis Thursdays from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. You must provide your own fingerprint card which can be obtained from the person/agency requesting the prints. There is a $5.00/card fingerprint fee.

How can I submit a commendation or complaint against a Puyallup Police Officer?
To file a commendation or complaint, you can call the Police Department at (253) 841-5415 and ask to speak to the supervisor or submit a letter to the Police Department at 311 W. Pioneer, Puyallup 98371.

Where can I dispose of unused prescription drugs?
The Puyallup Police Department has a P2D2 (Prescription Pill and Drug Disposal) drop box located in the lobby at 311 W. Pioneer. Citizens can bring in their expired or unused prescription medications and dispose of it in the metal container. All the items in the container are then collected and properly destroyed.

How do I obtain a clearance letter?
If you are a resident of Puyallup, you may obtain a notarized clearance letter in person at the Records Division of the Police Department during business hours Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.