If the city's Emergency Operation Center posts a FLOOD WARNING for your neighborhood, that means flooding will soon occur or is already occurring in that city area.
If you are advised to evacuate, please do so immediately.
- You may be instructed to turn off all utilities at the main power switch and close the main gas valve at your property.
- Do not attempt to drive through a flooded road and absolutely DO NOT drive around a barricade.
- Stay away from downed power lines and electrical wires. Electric current passes easily through water and can be deadly.
- It is dangerous to walk through flooded areas. As little as six inches of moving water can knock you off your feet.
- Floodwaters may be contaminated with raw sewage, chemical waste and other disease-spreading substances. If you've come in contact with floodwaters, wash your hands with soap and disinfected water.