City of Puyallup Planning Commission
The Commission reviews and makes recommendations to the City Council regarding amendments to the Puyallup Comprehensive Plan, amendments to land use regulations in the Puyallup Municipal Code, and the assignment of zoning for proposed annexations.
The Commission generally meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at 6:30 p.m. Beginning **January 1, 2011,** meetings will be held in the City Council Chambers for both regular meetings and for public hearings unless specified otherwise. Persons interested in attending meetings should check the online agenda for information on the meeting location and agenda, or may contact Michelle Ochs, Administrative Secretary at (253) 841-5485 or via email at MichelleO@ci.puyallup.wa.us.
The Planning Commission is comprised of seven (7) residents of Puyallup. The members are appointed by the City Council and serve four-year terms, with a maximum of two full consecutive terms. Current members of the Planning Commission are:
- Curt Gimmestad
- Clay Ciolek - Chair
- Cyndi Anderson
- Steve Hastings
- Donnie Juntunen
- Chris Larson
- Pat McGregor - Vice Chair
Planning Commission Meetings
Planning Commission Agendas
Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
Planning Commission Audio Recordings (starting in 2011)
Recent and Upcoming Planning Commission Items (please note that items are subject to change)
July 27, 2016
Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment Public Hearing
July 13, 2016
June 22, 2016
Active Transportation Plan
June 8, 2016
Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment (privately initiated) (PowerPoint Presentation)
May 25, 2016
Low Impact Development (LID) Code Update Public Hearing (PowerPoint Presentation)
Land Use Regulations for Methadone Clinics Public Hearing(PowerPoint Presentation)
May 11, 2016
Non-motorized Transportation Plan (Powerpoint Presentation)
2016 Comprehensive Plan Amendment (PowerPoint Presentation)
- To view a calendar of what the Planning Commission will be working on in 2016, use this link.
- To be notified as upcoming Planning Commission meeting agendas become available online, use this link.
- To see the 2016 calendar for scheduled Planning Commission and City Council meetings, use this link ~ please note: revisions to this calendar may be made throughout the year.
- To listen to a Planning Commission Meeting that has already occurred, use this link.