The following is a brief description of applications available at the City of Puyallup Development Center. These applications can be downloaded from the Land Use Applications Page.
Permits that are processed administratively and do not require a public hearing before the City's Hearing Examiner, Planning Commission, or City Council, are as follows:
- Administrative Adjustment - Relief from a development standard due to special circumstances, such as size, shape, topography, location, or surroundings, that prevents reasonable use of the property.
- Administrative Conditional Use - A land use permit requiring a special degree of control due to unusual effects or characteristics peculiar to the use.
- Binding Site Plan - A form of site plan review generally for commercial and industrial land, and which governs the development of all land on which the use is proposed and might serve as a subdivision.
- Boundary Line Revision- The adjustment of a property line between two or more existing adjacent parcels, with no additional parcels being created.
- Home Occupation - A business/professional occupation conducted in a dwelling which is clearly incidental and secondary to the use of the structure for residential purposes.
- Preliminary Site Plan - A review of a proposed development plan, for compliance with zoning and development standards, building and fire codes, public works engineering standards, and the State Environmental Protection Act.
- Short Plat - A map representing the division of land into four or less lots, tracts, or parcels.