HOW WILL I BE INFORMED ABOUT A COTTAGE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD?
1) Notice of Public Meeting Prior to Application Submittal
Following selection as a cottage housing demonstration project, the applicant will schedule and host a neighborhood vicinity meeting prior to submitting a formal development application. The neighborhood meeting shall meet the following requirements:
- Open to the public to discuss the conceptual architectural and site design characteristics of the proposal;
- Development Services staff shall attend and prepare a summary of the comments made at the meeting;
- Notice of the meeting shall be sent to the property owners within 400 feet of the boundaries of the proposal site; and
- Notice shall be posted on the proposal site.
2) Notice Upon Application Submittal
Upon receipt of the cottage housing application, the City will send notice to all property owners located within 400 feet of the boundaries of the proposed site.
3) Notice of Public Hearing/Prior to Project Recommendation
Following administrative review of the proposal, a public hearing will be held before the Hearing Examiner. Notice of this hearing will be mailed to all property owners located within 400 feet of the boundaries of the proposal site as well as posted on the proposal site.
HOW DO I APPLY TO BUILD A COTTAGE HOUSING DEMONSTRATION PROJECT?
The City is now accepting applications for selection as a cottage housing demonstration project. Applications will be accepted through September 30, 2012.
Following the September 30, 2012 submittal deadline, the Cottage Housing Selection Committee will evaluate all applications concurrently. The committee will consist of members of the Planning Commission, the Design Review & Historic Preservation Board, one citizen at large who resides in Puyallup, and City staff. Applications will be evaluated based on the selection criteria established in PMC 20.21.010
. One project may be selected by the committee. An applicant whose project is selected will then be authorized to submit a formal application for development review.
Anyone interested in submitting a proposal for a demonstration cottage housing project should contact Katie Baker, Senior Planner at (253) 435-3604 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the Innovative Housing Demonstration Ordinance and application form with submittal checklist, please use the following links: