* The Puyallup Planning Commission conducted a Public Hearing at their March 26, 2014 meeting, to consider and recommend final action on the draft update to the City's Shoreline Master Program (SMP), and the draft updates to PMC 21.06 (Critical Areas). The Planning Commission unanimously recommended approval of the SMP and code drafts (with amendments). Click here to view the SMP update page.
* The Puyallup Planning Commission conducted a Public Hearing at their January 29, 2014 meeting, to consider proposed amendments to the City's Municipal Code to implement regulations pertaining to I-502 (Recreational Marijuana). The Planning Commission unanimously recommended approval of Option A (residential buffer for zoning only) to regulate the code for Recreational Marijuana Use.
* The Planning Division held an open house for residents of the West Hills Neighborhood Plan (WHNP) area on February 5th, 2014 at Fruitland Elementary. The event was very successful...read more.
* The City is in the process of updating the Comprehensive Plan for 2015, which will help set the vision for Puyallup over the coming 20 years...read more.
* Puyallup is now a certified local government for historic preservation.You may not know that the City of Puyallup recently has taken over its own historic preservation program...read more.
Long Range Planning
Contact Long Range Planning for questions involving:
Contact Current Planning for questions involving: