Special Puyallup Police Department Bulletin
On February 22, 2011 a residential burglary occured when a man indentified himself as a city Water Department employee. (See Police Department bulletin.)
In an effort to protect our citizens, the Puyallup Police Department asks residents to take precautions at all times with anyone identifying themseves as a city employee.
How to identify City of Puyallup employees
- City of Puyallup field workers will always have a city of Puyallup photo identification card.
- City vehicles are clearly marked with City of Puyallup logos.
- No city employee will enter your home or private property unless you have requested a site visit or an appointment has been requested by the city.
- If you are uncomfortable with a person identifying themselves as a city employee, ask them to identify which department they work for and then ask them to wait in their vehicle until you can verify whether or not the person is an official city representative.
- You may call the main City of Puyallup phone number (253) 841-4321 or do not hesitate to call 911.