In addition to the day-to-day work associated with permitting and land use activities, our Development Services Department made progress on some major projects:
- Amended the Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use map for entire North Puyallup annexation area.
- Completed the West Hills Annexation, which took effect on 1/1/2009 and hosted a community meeting for the West Hills Area residents.
- Used an extensive public process to develop options for the Shaw Road/East Pioneer Neighborhood Plan, including interim ordinances, numerous Planning Commission meetings, and talks with area landowners.
- Completed Pierce College Master Plan approval process, including permitting of facilities.
- Assisted with Historic Preservation grant process for downtown fašade program.