Shoreline Master Program (SMP)
Draft amendments may be found in the links below.
Shoreline Master Program Periodic Review Checklist
Critical Areas Amendments
2019 Periodic Update Process
Current Puyallup Shoreline Master Program, Updated January, 2016The SMP contains several main sections: an inventory of shoreline conditions; goals, policies, and regulations pertaining to shoreline activities, and administrative provisions as well as public access and restoration plans, respectively. The SMP includes development standards and use regulations for a wide range of specific uses and shoreline modifications, such as residential and commercial use, dredging, bulkheads, shoreline stabilization, etc. The content of the SMP document are as follows (updated January, 2015):
- Cover (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Chapter 1 - Introduction (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - Definitions and Acronyms (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Shoreline Inventory and Restoration Planning - Summary (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Shorelines of Statewide Significance (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - General Goals, Policies, and Regulations (PDF)
- Chapter 6 - Shoreline Jurisdiction and Environment Designations (PDF)
- Chapter 7 - Shoreline Use and Modifications - Policies and Regulations (PDF)Chapter 8 - Administrative Procedures (PDF)
Draft amendments will change as review continues; please sign up for updates in two ways:
What is the Shoreline Master Program (SMP)?
- Shoreline uses - What type of uses will be allowed along local shoreline areas and how will they develop?
- Shoreline environmental protection - How will the critical functions of the shoreline environment be protected, preserved, and restored?
- Shoreline public access - How will the public be provided the opportunity to see, touch, feel and experience the shoreline areas?
Critical Area Code Update
Shoreline Characterization & Inventory Report
Shoreline Restoration Plan
- Buffer Impact Scenarios (PDF)
- PMC 21.07 (PDF)
- Tree Protection Guidelines (PDF)
- WAC 173-27-040 Exemptions From SMP Substantial Development Permits (PDF)
- WDOE BMP T5.13 (PDF)