Building Permit Information
Residential Construction Permit Requirements
A Building Permit is required for the following types of residential construction:
- Any new single family residence
- Any addition to a single family residence
- Any new detached accessory building in excess of 200 square feet
- Interior remodels of a single family residence
- Re-roof (requiring sheathing) of a single family residence and/or garage including any structure over 200 square feet .
- Deck structures over 30 inches in height measured from the ground to the finished platform
- Re-roof of any residential structure over 200 square feet which requires sheathing.
- Mechanical permits are required prior to the installation, replacement, alteration, relocation of any furnace, exhaust hood, water heater, heat pump, air conditioner, wood or gas stove, gas logs or gas piping, etc.
- Plumbing permits are required prior to the installation, replacement, alteration, relocation of a dishwasher, toilet, sink, shower, bath tub, hose bib, irrigation system, etc.