Event Sponsorship Requests Due by 5pm June 9th
The City of Puyallup is accepting applications for city sponsorship of community special events to be hosted in 2015. Applications could include requests for city services, facilities, or other needs expressed by event organizers. All applications and supplemental materials (see requirements below) must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2014 to the City Clerk's Office.
A limited amount of sponsorship/support will be offered for 2015 community events. The City Council will consider requests for sponsorship during its 2015 budget process, and proposals approved by the Council will be included in the 2015 Budget.
More information below.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Completed Special Event/ Street Closure Permit Application (including fee) with a site plan, traffic control plan (if applicable), and a statement that proper insurance will be acquired at least 30 days before the event.
- A letter outlining the event sponsorship request (including all city services, i.e., police, street closures, traffic direction, or other forms of support desired) and describing how the event meets the criteria below:
· Enhances pride and a sense of community and promote a positive image of the City of Puyallup
· Provides cultural or educational enrichment or celebrates the city’s history and heritage
· Provides a free public event with widespread appeal to different audiences, interest groups, and age ranges
· Generates significant economic benefit and/or exposure for businesses
· Provides a type of event or service that is not already provided by the City
Events should meet all special event criteria and not place undue burden on parking, traffic, safety, or other factors associated with community quality of life. Questions concerning the proposal process may be directed to Management Analyst Melanie Harding.