Stormwater Management is part of the City's Engineering Department, in the Office of the City Engineer.The Stormwater Management section implements programs and projects to meet permit requirements including:
- Manage the City's NPDES Municipal Stormwater Permit
- Design and construct stormwater-related capital projects
- Local Source Control outreach to small businesses
- Private stormwater facility management program
- Educational outreach to residents on stormwater, rain gardens, stream health, and more
- Report A Spill
- NPDES Program
- Water Quality & Flood Control
- Stormwater News
- Current Stormwater Projects
To report a spill or illicit discharge into a catch basin or other area of the stormwater system, please call (253)770-3336. Read more.
In Washington the NPDES Permit Program in managed by Ecology. Learn about Puyallup's Stormwater Management Program Plan, view annual NPDES reports, and find related NPDES permit documents. Learn more.
Flood control and planning is very important in our local community. Stormwater Management, levy systems, and operation and maintenance of existing stormwater infrastructure all play a part. Read more.
Recent announcements, program updates, NPDES information, and more. Read more.
Read about current capital stormwater projects within Puyallup including stream projects, water quality infrastructure, LID Retrofits, and more. Learn more.